If you are like many of us, you barely pay attention to your cars belts and hoses.Some may not realize that multiple components rely on belts and hoses to operate smoothly and precisely. So if something seems off, bring your vehicle to us for a belt and hose check from one of our ASE Certified Technicians.
How do I know when I need my belts & hoses checked?
- Your engine sounds like it’s running rough
- Your car stalls when at a stop
- You hear pinging or knocking sounds when you car accelerates or after the ignition is turned off
- You notice bulging or inflated hoses
- Your hoses feel hard or inflexible
What can you expect with our Belts & Hoses service?
Properly maintained belts and hoses don’t just keep your car running smoothly. They can also prevent more costly repairs in the future.
Our belt and hose service is a thorough inspection performed by our ASE Certified technicians and includes:
- A visual inspection of all belts and hoses for signs of wear or damage, including your accessory or serpentine belt
- Replacement of all worn belts and hoses as needed
- Adjusting the fit of installed belts, hoses, and related components
Why is our Belts & Hoses service so important?
Replacing belts and hoses at the first sign of wear helps avoid unexpected breakdowns and the engine damage that overheating can cause. More specifically:
- Ruptured or leaking coolant hoses can result in an overheated engine, vehicle breakdown or catastrophic engine failure.
- Your Power-steering hoses are critical to safe operation of your vehicle.
- A broken or worn-out belt can leave your vehicle inoperable
How often should I have my belts and hoses serviced?
Belts and hoses help make sure your vehicle’s components work together to operate smoothly. To avoid problems let our service department check your belts and hoses at every oil change. Motorist Assurance Safety guidelines recommend referring to your vehicle owner’s manual for replacement and/or service.